Sunday, September 25, 2011

7 Deadly Fitness Myths



Myth: If women lift weights, they'll get "bulky." 
Fact: Resistance exercise helps women create lean, toned bodies. 

Myth: Weight training is only for young athletes. 
Fact: People of all ages should be weight training. 

Myth: Muscles grow while you're working out. 
Fact: Muscles grow while you're resting and recuperating. 

Myth: If you exercise, it doesn't matter what you eat. 
Fact: If you exercise, it matters even more what you eat.

Myth: You have to count every calorie you eat. 
Fact: You should count "portions," not calories. 

Myth: You must perform hundreds of sit-ups a day to get six-pack abs. 
Fact: You get abs by lowering your body fat.

Myth: Aerobics is better for (toning) shaping up than weight training.
Fact: To transform your physique, you must train with weights.




1 comment:

  1. I've run thousands of miles over the course of several years and only in the past year and a half, have I introduced a weight training regime into my active life. Not only have I shaved minutes off my race times by increasing muscle, but I'm more confident in how I look overall. Weight training has seriously changed my life, lol

    ReplyDelete